Today is Summer Solstice, a holiday for druids and beachcombers alike, the longest and (usually) hottest day of the year.
Which sounds, to me, like the perfect time to release a cleric of Winter!
Winter clerics are icy warriors and mystics that hail from the coldest parts of the world, using the chilling power of their gods to serve mankind, or to slay those weaker than themselves.
What's cool about the Winter cleric? Let's take a cold, hard look:
- Ice spells, ice spells, so many ice spells.
- Play as either a melee or spell-casting cleric, with your choice of 1st and 8th level features.
- Many different ways to freeze and slow your enemies, from using your Channel Divinity to rebuking creatures with Rime.
- Conjure a powerful Blizzard! Dòng zhù, bùxǔ zǒu!
- Blizzard is probably my biggest concern right now, it's hard to tell if it's too strong, or too weak.
- Not sure about the cold resist on Winter Acolyte, but it pairs well with the "no penalties from cold environments" which should be offered early on.
WHAT I LEARNED:
- Splitting a cleric domain into two paths (melee/caster) like this is interesting and makes thematic sense for this domain, and I'm curious to see what you all will think.