It's good to be ambitious and take on challenging new concepts! It's one of the things that, I think, made latter-day 4th edition so great.
This in mind, I decided to make faeries as a playable race, tackling the concept of playing as a tiny character. Some things change! Others don't! Surprisingly, it's only a small (hah) difference.
Let's see what faeries have to offer:
- Three distinct subraces, for pixies, sprites, and sylphs!
- Five racial feats! At least one for each subrace.
- Flying as a racial trait! But, like, balanced.
- Shrink the world down to your size, and really mess with people.
- The new rules for tiny races could create issues I haven't foreseen.
- Feat balance isn't my forte, but they seem alright so far.
- The flight ceiling isn't ideal, I don't think, but I'm hoping the easing of restrictions as a character levels make sense.
WHAT I LEARNED:
- Many, many more races are possible that I would've initially thought! Time to try some truly crazy concepts.