Most times when I release new content, I never have a feeling for what works and what doesn't.
This time, the flavor was on target, as was the balance, and crunch. What people wanted were extra mechanics and clarifications, things to make the domain richer, and to keep you from having to murder your lil' robot buddy in order to heal them.
And, as it turns out, I live to serve (at least as long as it means I get to make cool stuff). Here's the changelog:
- Clockwork Assistant can now be healed by either making checks to repair it, or by using mending.
- Transform Assistant is now Channel Divinity: Transform, allowing it to be used more often, but opening it into conflict with CD: Divine Toolbox.
- CD: Transform adds more properties, earlier, allowing you 3 properties at 11th level, and 4 at 17th, up from just 3 at 17th.
- Clockwork Assistant now has a crafting cost because parts don't grow on trees.
- Textual edits that increase clarity, same as usual.
- New transform ability: Shield. Gives the assistant a shield of tHP that can extend to you if you are mounted on it.
- Added alternate rules for playing in settings without a god of Technology, and for having your faithful assistant physically carry you.
- Better Living is now Simulacra because c'mon that sounds way better.
- CD: Transform now essentially gives a potential flying mount at level 11. I don't think that's too outrageous, but I may be wrong.
- Unsure of the power balance on Shield, especially the mounted bit, but it seems about right.
WHAT I LEARNED:
- A mounted robot friend could be a small-ish mech suit. Who'da thought.