The dead rise yet again! Just like this blog, really.
This time, they come with reinforcements in the form of two additional subraces, plenty of rules-tweaks, and updated DM's Guild friendly public domain artwork!
Lots to love here, so why don't we take a look at what's different.
- The Bloodless feature is now a core race feature, because that made much more sense.
- Revenant's Unnatural Vitality got a buff, no longer requiring death saving throws and instead functioning off the presence of temporary hit points.
- Ghost's Withering Touch has been nerfed, taking away the CON-mod bonus, so very sorry, ghost monks.
- Ghosts now have resistance to being grappled, because have you ever tried to hug a ghost?
- Ghouls have been added! Bringing with them two different flavors of natural weapon and an ability/unfortunate compulsion to feed.
- Mummies have also been added! With an additional feat it you really want to cuuuuuuuurse your foes.
- Most of these races still trend fairly strong, though they're definitely less powerful than a good deal of what Volo's offers. Looking directly at you, Yuan-Ti Pureblood.
WHAT I LEARNED:
- A few nifty Photoshop tips and tricks to make the art work better together, and that it's almost certainly time to bring some subclasses onto the DM's Guild as well!