Should I have made this a new release, or just updated the version I released less than a day ago?
Not as if there are any rules to this thing I do.
I'm issuing this as a new release because of the extensive changes made to v0.2 which, while a step in the right direction, still wasn't quite right. A lot of the mechanics needed some TLC, but the end result here seems much more polished.
Did I say "end result?" That's never really right, and certainly not up for me to decide. Tell me what you think.
- CD: Death Whisper is now CD: Shadowblade, because encouraging players to spam their bonus action every single turn for nothing isn't necessarily great design.
- Ebon Smite has been removed, as it was a contentious feature people either loved or hated. I figured it was best to take it out and fold it over into CD: Shadowblade.
- Nightcloak is now a Channel Divinity, affecting only you and stifling any noise you make, including speech.
- Midnight Blessing has taken Nightcloak's place and now gives a few passive benefits and a helpful ribbon to your whole party.
- Umbral Jaunt has been reworked, again, and is now a sort of retributive attack, in keeping with the shadow-assassin-paladin theme of this Oath.
- Living Nightmare makes you less huge and more sneaky, hiding you to all those but the one you are attacking, and feeling similar to you being a living phantasmal force.
- Shadowblade might be a little confusing, but its usage is pretty straightforward after the first glance.
- Lots of changes, means lots of potential for mistakes. As always.
WHAT I LEARNED:
- No limitation on how many drafts I can release how often, but I really should try and not make this sort of thing happen again.