Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Sacred Oath: Oath of the Common Man [Second Draft]



We pulled together. worked as a community, and made Communist-Paladin a true champion of the people!

At least, unless there's something we missed. But the great thing about collective labor is, if we made a mistake, it can easily be fixed with more collective labor.

Let's take a look at the changes!

What I Changed:

  • The virtue of Togetherness is now the virtue of Community. Because, y'know, that makes perfect sense. 
  • Worker's Harmony can now also be used to buff people into having proficiency with crafting tools, which is a fun, fluffy ribbon for it to have.
  • Fixed the duration on Strength of the People. You can no longer be a giant propaganda man for an hour, that'd be silly.
  • Noted gear changing size in Strength of the People. You will no longer hulk out of your clothes and be a giant naked propaganda man. That would also be silly, and somewhat terrifying in a way not intended.
  • Adjusted benefits of Strength of the People. You now give tHP to others that can see/hear you, and can mass-help people each turn. This is easily the weakest self-buff of the paladin level 20's, but the strongest party-buff. You're big and look cool, and your being-big and looking-cool inspires your friends to pummel your enemies into oblivion. 
Concerns:
  • Not anything, really. This is remarkably solid and distinct. 

* * *

I'm about ready to wrap this one up. I'll put it on reddit in a few days when I've got some time, see what people think, and re-release it as a version 1.0 if it's all good.

Speaking of which, I've genned a version 1.0 of every pact I've done so far. Expect them later this week, full of perfect* balance and bug fixes!

7 comments:

  1. Can we have a download for the "Custom builder" apps and such? Makes our lives much easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I'm not sure where I'd start with coding that. It'd be a whole new thing for me to learn.

      Do you have a tutorial link? I can give it a look-over and see if it would be feasible for a future release.

      Delete
    2. If you can post a plaintext version, it's pretty easy for somebody with a few minutes to spare to copy-paste and format. It's about the same difficulty level as editing a Wikipedia page. I actually started doing it for the Oath of the Common Man, then found this comment thread looking for copyable text.

      Here's a link to the forum and content creator for the app "Complete Reference for D&D 5e", if you'd like to check it out: https://complete-reference.com/DD5creator/

      Delete
    3. I try to keep away from plaintext versions, as that keeps someone from copy/pasting my content as their own. Similar things have happened before, and I'd like to avoid it happening again.

      Still, thanks very much for the link! I just registered and will see if adding these is something I can figure out.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Never-ending" is misleading. It requires expending your Channel Divinity, so you can really only do it once every short rest.

      Delete
    2. speaking of which, I love this Oath but the Channel Divinity seems less impressive compared to the other Oaths in the Handbook.

      Delete