Available on the DM's Guild (pay what you want) at this link!
Yup. I finally updated it, yet again!
Easily the most popular thing I've ever made (though the Common Man paladin gives it a run for its money), the stronghold rules here have sort of become the gold standard on the internet for building structures in D&D 5e. And, while I'm proud of that, it's also pretty easy to chalk it up to stronghold rules being a massive pain in the butt to make.
In this iteration, I added a ton of suggestions from you guys, updated it to my newest template, and of course swapped in public domain art to facilitate hosting it on the DM's Guild. Let's run down exactly what got updated in this pass, as we do:
- Added rules for rebuilding damaged structures, which seems to be a pretty common occurrence for adventurers.
- Added nine new rooms! So a if you've ever wanted a bank, baths, a boutique, catacombs, a clock tower, planar docks, a lighthouse, a mill, or sewers, you're in luck!
- Updated Traders and Merchants rules to coincide with how that expansion has progressed.
- Added Secret Passage and Teleportation Rune room modifications, by popular demand.
- Adjusted pricing on room modifications, making them by and large more affordable.
- Added hirelings from Volo's, which has notably more than quadrupled the spellcaster hirelings list.
- Added rules for a flying stronghold falling out of the sky, as that appeared to be a big old question mark last draft.
- I've got a ton more content that I had to cut off here, such as rules for building canals and roads, because I just couldn't make it work to my satisfaction. I'll probably add it in sooner or later, but knowing how these things go, it might end up being later.
WHAT I LEARNED:
- I actually like the public domain look for this option way, way more. Looks more relaxed, austere, and less overall eclectic.