Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Looking for Art!

So, as part of moving to DM's Guild, I've been looking for a reliable artist behind the scenes for a while.

For every class option I release, it'd be nice to have a personally-created image to go with each of them. This is something I've always wanted for my work, but it's finally possible with income from the DM's Guild to make this a reality.

If anyone is interested, I'd be willing to pay $35-40 per piece, as long as it meets the appropriate art style (i.e., sufficiently similar to works found in the Player's Handbook, or cool enough that I'd consider it anyway). I'd also be willing to credit you fully with an art credit and a link to a blog or profile that has at least as much visibility in the credits as my own blog link.

This would also be reliable work, as every time I'm about to release an option, I'd be looking to commission (and pay for) a new art piece.

If you're interested, let me know in the comments, or by messaging /u/the_singular_anyone on reddit! Show me your profile, or link me some of your existing works, so I can get a better idea of the art that you create.

The first thing I'm looking at commissioning is the Common Man paladin, so if drafting up a Soviet-esque hero of the people sounds like fun to you, let me know.

13 comments:

  1. Hello! My name is Jacob E. Blackmon, and I am a professional freelance artist in the rpg community. I have worked for over a dozen companies; most notably Rogue Genius Games, Rite Publishing, AAW Games, Misfit Studios, and Everyman Gaming.

    If you would like to see samples of my work you can see them on my DeviantArt gallery here: http://prodigyduck.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Should you like what you see, please feel free to contact me at commissionprodigyduck@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite the style I'm looking for, but I appreciate you taking the time to write in.

      All the best!

      Delete
  2. You might want to check out fiverr.com under the illustrations section. Dig around, you can find some talented people one there. They also usually sell themselves a bit short to keep work coming in, so you may be able to convince them to be a bit more reliable to you with more cash. Seriously, some crazy artwork available for like 5 bucks a character. Do some looking though, they don't always show up on the first second or even fifth page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got anything in the works. Have not heard anything in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sorry about that. Life and obligations have been keeping me very on my toes lately, and I've had just about no free time. =/

      I love doing this blog and homebrew, but it's ultimately something I can only do when I have big chunks of time. I just haven't had that many of them recently.

      Delete
    2. Though to answer your question more directly, I've been working on new rogue and warlock archetypes, as well as a series of guild-type rooms for strongholds.

      To be released whenever I eventually can. :p

      Delete
    3. I'd be extra keen to see a quality Investigator/Inquisitive Rogue and/or Warlock (I think they'd both make a good platform for it); I've looked around the internet a fair bit and I can't find a good homebrew that captures my imagination. Keen to see what you come up with anyway!

      Delete
  4. Hey there! Artist here, check the things I posted on: https://www.artstation.com/artist/gergecoelho

    If anythings over there floats your boat, contact me on gergecoelho@gmail.com

    Happy homebrewing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey email wcroninhowell@gmail.com if you're looking for someone still. Thanks haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Walrock,

    in the case you have not found anyone to work with, feel free to contact me over hrothgaar@gmx.net

    Here are a few samples of my work:
    http://hermundure.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Best regards from germany!
    Steffen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there!

    My name is Gabby DeBoard, and I have been a freelance illustrator for many years now. I'm unsure if you've found anyone yet, but in case you haven't, examples of my work can be seen here:
    http://spottedmelody.carbonmade.com/

    If you're interested in working together, my email is gfdeboard@gmail.com and it is checked often. :)

    Happy Hunting!
    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where are you, mate? I miss your stuff!

    ReplyDelete