After starting up this blog again, I've been on a kick. I still need to revise my Madness cleric, but in the meantime here's something completely different.
Where the Madness cleric is a spell-casting combat monster, the Civilization cleric is anything but - a melee-focused skill machine, made for building and creating and supporting your party.
Take a look, you'll probably like it.
- Spells focused on supporting civilization, from conjuring food to building walls.
- Parkour! Parkour.
- Summon a monument with your Channel Divinity. Never go without a shrine again.
- Pray to your god, receive a merchant. No matter how unlikely the circumstance.
- Remarkably combat-light, but no more so than (for example) the Nature cleric.
- The merchant might cause some consternation for DMs of a certain playstyle.
- Overlapping thematically somewhat with the UA City cleric, but where that cleric is about neighborhoods and communities, this cleric is about frontiers and empires.
WHAT I LEARNED:
- Yeah I should probably go back and nerf some of the combat potential of the Madness cleric. It doesn't need to be THAT out of hand.