As a rule, I'd never run one of my rough drafts in a real game. When I release one, I always am thinking one of two things:
A) This rough draft is 100% perfect and nothing could be wrong with it (I am always wrong)
B) Eh... well, it's definitely a proof of concept.
With the rough draft of the Archaeologist, it was definitely in B territory.
Usually when I'm in that zone, I release a draft because I'm stuck and need some insight from you guys. You all haven't failed me yet, and you didn't fail me with the rough draft of this one.
With your help, I think this class option is in a shape to properly present. It's still a little rough around the edges - think of it as a second rough draft - but it could certainly use a look-over and some quality criticism.
- Fiddled with Field Training. No longer offers you a skill from a list, now gives you a climb speed!
- Revamped Intelligent Combat. Doesn't reduce (or require) your Sneak Attack any more. Needs a saving throw for everything, hinges on Intelligence heavily.
- Switched the levels for Forgotten Magic and Seasoned Explorer, and added an initiative boost to Seasoned Explorer in place of its missing climb speed.
- Paragon of Adventure has been adjusted to account for changes in Intelligent Combat.
- Still not 100% on the balance of Intelligent Combat. Input would be appreciated.
- Paragon of Adventure is flavor-lite. I'm open to suggestions on how to make it more flavorful.
WHAT I LEARNED:
- Apparently, the criticism on the blog alone is quality enough to revise a rough draft. Thanks!