Part of designing expansions for half-year old content is going back and reconsidering the rules. Especially so when I made most of these rules from whole cloth.
This piece of homebrew is something I'm pretty proud of, on the whole, but it had plenty of rough edges. Having only two drafts of a project this large was never what I really wanted, and it gives me a good deal of satisfaction to have fixed errors that have been with this project for this long.
The way it is now, I feel this content is finally in shape to be expanded upon. Which is good, because I also have its first expansion complete and ready to publish.
- Minor modifications to many rooms, with the intention of fixing verbage and adding clarity.
- Several rooms now directly generate income, because that made much more sense than just shrugging and expecting the DM to figure it out.
- Moat and Defensive Walls have been removed, and will be reintroduced in a new form in a coming expansion. Until that is introduced, feel free to use the rooms in the second draft of this option.
- Barracks and Lodgings have been combined, because it didn't make a whole lot of sense to say ONLY SOLDIERS CAN SLEEP HERE.
- Merchants have been reworked, in preparation for an upcoming expansion.
- Nothing really. I think I've hit all the major points that have come up in the past half-year, but feel free to remind me of anything I've missed.
WHAT I LEARNED:
- It's amazing how much this project has proliferated. Turns out, people wanted something cool to spend their hard-earned gp on. Who knew?