Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Our Patreon is now live!


Thanks to all your encouragement and effort, we've finally been able to launch our Patreon!

Patreon is a very important platform for our work, allowing us to use more of our time to continue homebrewing, working on the larger projects like Strongholds and Merchants that our community loves so much.

You can become our patron by clicking on this button, or on the other Become a Patron button that now lives on our sidebar:

Become a Patron!

As a reward for new subscribers, we offer nine additional background options as a complement to those already included in the Player's Handbook, giving players the ability to be anything from Minions to Madmen, Fey-Snatched to bonafide Lawyers!


This content is only available on our Patreon, as will be other future subscriber-only content. Planned for next month: new Stronghold room options, available to subscribers!

And again, our deepest appreciation for allowing us to get to this point. Your support and enthusiasm really, truly mean the world to us, and we'll keep making quality D&D homebrew for as long as you keep enjoying it. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see this and am interested in pledging for a new project, but 50 dollars is a bit prohibitive for me. I don't mean to judge, but can I ask how long it takes you to complete something like a subclass? I've never finished a homebrew I was satisfied with myself so I really don't have any idea of how long it "should" take (obviously it will be different for everyone) and I'm genuinely curious. I'd be more comfortable pledging at that level if I had a better idea of the time investment involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. >I'd be more comfortable pledging at that level if I had a better idea of the time investment involved.

      That's a good question!

      A basic subclass takes about 3-4 days of effort all told, with photoshop, the alpha draft, research (which takes a surprising amount of time), editing and pre-rough iterations factored in.

      Then, there's revising, second drafts, usually third drafts, sometimes fourth or fifths for especially tricky projects. Each additional draft takes around 2 days of effort. All told, taking a new project to completion usually runs me about a non-contiguous week's worth of effort, sometimes more.

      $50 is high, but it's pretty similar to what I've seen on other Patreons. I want to place the price point high enough that I'm not *only* going to be working on commission projects, but still making commission projects an attainable reality for people.

      And of course, this math isn't factoring in the already-sunk time costs, like developing my template and curating art, both of which have been running (and still are) for a long, long time.

      It's a good thing I really like doing what I'm doing, because dang if it isn't a lot of work! Thanks for asking, though.

      Delete
    2. Also worth noting that "days" listed here means the time I have available to make homebrew each day, not a full day from sunup to sundown.

      Because of this, the more that's contributed to the Patreon, the more time I'll have to make homebrew / the more homebrew that will be made!

      Delete