Paladins are pretty cool for a lot of reasons.
They're magical knights empowered by a concept - typically one with a god behind it - that go out into the world in an attempt to make more of their concept. This can be devotion to a holy cause, revenge against the evils of the world, violent revolution for the masses...
...or, simply enough, Love.
Paladins who take the Oath of Love believe that love is the underpinning of all good and beauty in the world, and seek to create and protect as much love as possible in all of its many forms.
- Charm-based mechanics. Tank well with solid crowd control, and bonus smites for breaking charm with a hit.
- Limited control of creatures immune to charm. Heartless creatures can still be Held with your Channel Divinity, allowing you to not be entirely helpless when facing creatures with charm immunity.
- Heavily defend your allies and yourself with features that make you harder to hit and that bring attacked allies into a safer, more defensible position.
- Possibly too control-y. Charm is a delicate balance, but very important to the class. It costs spell slots that you'd otherwise like to use on smites, too, so it's an important trade.
- Passion's Kindness is really quite powerful, but so are most other paladin level 15's. I'd like someone balance-minded to take a closer look at it.